Hello all! I was nominated for a couple more awards last weekend, and I wanted to pass them along. 🙂
Emily Guido over at lightbearernovelist awarded me with both of them. She writes paranormal romance, and posts excerpts of her novels on her blog. She has been working on her light-bearer series, and has been posting from book two – Ransom. It’s really a lot of fun to read, especially when the heroine, Charmeine, opens a can of light-bearer woop-ass on the “Bath-bitch.” Best ever. 🙂 And the relationship between Tabbruis and Charmeine is really touching, as well as the relationships with the other characters. Definitely check it out.
Lovely Blog Award:
There were no rules to go along with this one, so I decided to pick just one blog to hand this one out to. Although *technically* there are 17 members of “the crew,” so I guess I’m handing out 17? Lol, either way, I’d like to nominate:
The Dark Globe – This is an awesome blog. They cover a wide range of topics with their posts – poetry, game reviews, movie reviews, inspiration, and humor are a few. Definitely check them out too. 🙂
Reader Appreciation Award:
Reader Appreciation Award rules:
1) Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2) Answer these 10 questions, below, for fun if you want to.
3) Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number.
4) Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
5) Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
The Questions for the Reader Appreciation Award:
1) What is your favorite color?
2) What is your favorite animal?
* Hmmm… Does it have to be a *real* animal? If it has to be a real one, I’d pick dogs. If I can pick a fantasy creature I’d have to say dragons. 🙂
3) What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
4) Facebook or Twitter?
* Lol, neither. I’ve never used either one, not even once. Lol, I’m so low tech. 🙂 But I am thinking about getting on Facebook. I’ve been told it will help get more traffic to my blog, and get my writing out there a little more. What do you think? Should I go for it?
5) Favorite pattern?
* Any celestial pattern – stars, moons, planets, star charts.
6) Do you prefer getting or giving presents?
* Giving. I love surprising people if possible. Although I *do* love getting presents too. 🙂
7) Favorite number?
8) Favorite day of the week?
9) Favorite flower?
10) What is your passion?
* I love stories in general, in any form I can get them. Writing, reading books, watching movies, listening to music, playing video games – but writing is probably the biggest of these.
Man, it was hard picking just 10-12 blogs to award this to. There are a lot of really awesome blogs out there that I love to read. 🙂 Some of these blogs are new to me, but I’ve really enjoyed reading them. It was a tough choice, but here are my nominations:
1) The Written Word – I always look forward to posts from Dark Jade. He writes poetry, sci-fi/fantasy, and contemporary. He also posts music with most of his chapters, which I love. He has several blogs, and they are all awesome. 🙂 I listed a few of them on my Dedicated Follower Award post.
2) Danny’s Kitchen – Have I ever told you how much I *love* food? Just in case I haven’t mentioned it – I’m a big fan. 🙂 Can’t cook it to save my life (although I’m working on it), but I am a *master* at grilled cheese. Oh yes. Epic level grilled cheese right here, lol. Anywho, check out this awesome food blog. He posts some really great drool-worthy recipes I plan on trying when I learn how to boil water properly. I’m considering bribing a friend to cook up some of his dishes in the meantime, because they look super tasty and I am not known for my patience. 🙂 I will learn though. Pray for me, and those brave souls who I manage to bribe into tasting my first attempts.
3) The Scarlet Order Vampires – David Lee Summers posts about his Scarlet Order Vampires here, which I love to read about. Vampires have always been my favorite. He also writes other kinds of sci-fi/fantasy, as well as steampunk. I can’t wait to read more of his work once my job situation calms down, lol. Especially the steampunk – I’ve never read one of those before, and I’m looking forward to it. 🙂
4) The Quill Wielder – Quill posts writing tips, NaNo updates, game reviews, and chapters of her writing. She writes awesome young adult fantasy and paranormal romance. After this NaNo, she’ll be continuing her 365 day writing challenge where she writes a chapter each day. I admire her for being able to do that – I don’t think I could pull it off myself. Maybe I’ll give it a shot at some point. 🙂
5) dribblingpensioner – This blog is a lot of fun. He posts about different news stories sometimes, and he posts jokes – which I love. I think my favorite so far is the Woman’s Hormone Chart. 🙂
6) isleofbooks – She posts great book reviews and poetry. Her reviews are awesome – very in depth. I love to read paranormal romance – it’s my favorite genre – but her reviews have made me want to expand on that and start picking up other genres too.
7) yawattahosby – This is a blog I just recently found. Yawatta writes book reviews, and also has a lot of great tips for writers. She also posts writing prompts too, which are a lot of fun to try on your own.
8) Magsx2 – This is another blog I recently found. She posts jokes and the best videos. Check out the mermaid, rollercoaster, and the “no touch” touch screen posts. 🙂
9) Dodging Commas – This is a fantastic blog for grammar tips – which I desperately need. 🙂 She also posts book reviews, inspiration, and weekly writing wishes.
10) Mark Photoblog – This is a great photoblog I recently found. He posts great photos of landscapes and people. His landscapes are my favorites. 🙂
11) La Plume Noire – Another awesome photoblog I recently found. She posts a lot of great photos of places, flowers, and buildings. Right now my favorites are her flowers. 🙂
12) Captured Light – This is another awesome photoblog I recently found. He posts photos of his family, sunsets, and underwater. His underwater photos are beautiful, and are my favorites of his. Very cool. 🙂
Until next time, Happy Writing everyone! 🙂